Re: [SLUG] Nokia N810 Fun

From: Robin - Bartow FL (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Tue Dec 25 2007 - 13:11:42 EST

> > Let me know if you stumble onto a way to look at the Is and control the Os of any PLC,
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_logic_controller)
> > on any machine, anywhere in the world.
> >
> What kind of PLC are you looking at?? we use PLC's on our bottle
> inspection machines,
> the ladder programming is usually done on some software that the
> manufacturer of the
> PLC provides. I was just sort of looking at the whole thing and I
> guess PLC programming
> though the idea is common, the methods are different for each manufacturer...

Good engineers (just like parents) work themselves out of a job.

PLCs are extremely reliable.
On my production line, I only had one output module failure in 14 months.
Even with lightning strikes, power surges, and power outages, I probably only reset the PLC three times.

Consider the possibilities of PLC ladder logic piped to HTML.
Viewable by a group with common hand held devices,
midifiable by the owner locally or remotely.

Take a peek at

/robin