Re: [SLUG] Comp_Usa Going Out of Bussiness Sale not a Sale...

From: Tom E Craddock, Jr (sigtom@sigtom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2007 - 09:03:09 EST

Bill wrote:

> [...]
-fixed top-posting to reflect correct mailing-list standards-

I was a loyal customers of Comp-USA for the past yr, refitting my
company's IT needs completely thru them. I had a very good relationship
with a couple of the biz acct supervisors, and was treated pretty well
by them and most all the employees up there. A few weeks ago my dad
and uncle decided they wanted new laptops so we went up there and got
them. Dad ended up with a MacBook Pro 17" that I installed WinXP on, and
my father needed to upgrad to Leopard and also needed MS Office. On
CompUSA's website, they had listed a sale price of MS Office 2007 for
$50 off the listed price at the website and for instore purchases. Sent
my dad up there to buy it and told him the price, and they refused to
honor the price. They had just listed this sale price on their website
3 days before he went up there, at least a full week after they
announced they were going out of biz (in other words, they posted the
sale price AFTER the liquidation company took over and after they knew
they were going out of biz). Youd think they would honor this price if
it was listed after their knowing theyd be going oout of biz, but no.
So told dad no to get it, took printed out page of website to BestBuy
and they actually did honor the sale price. They have become such
a-holes, at least in my opinion, since they went into default. All the
salespersons have become very bitchy. I can understand that since they
are all loosing their jobs, but come on, if they hate it that much, quit
and get a new job before the rest of the CompUSA work force tries to get
a job. Now I wish we hadnt spent so much money up there.

Tom