Re: [SLUG] 64bit ubuntu, flash on firefox

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 08:33:31 EST

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, William Coulter wrote:
> This is going to sound like a stupid question but am I going to get a
> performance hit by going to a 32bit firefox on a 64bit system?
>
> William
>
> On Jan 21, 2008 11:02 PM, Bob Stia <rnr@sanctum.com> wrote:
> >
> > use

> > now

> > > Dual boot another linux. A 10 to 20gb partition is plenty to install a
> >
> > 32
> >
> > > bit linux with Flash 9 Support. I know Freespire 2.0.8 supports Flash
> > > 9.
> >
> > It
> >
> > > is a Debian family linux. It also has the capability for a fee to
> >
> > legally
> >
> > > watch commercial DVD's.
> >
> > Not necessary Just install the 32 bit Firefox in your 64bit system. Works
> > fine.
> >
> > Bob S
> > This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
> > Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
> > posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
> > official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

nothing you would notice

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.