Re: [SLUG] Thunderbird - Stop the scrap, snip by script

From: Robin - Bartow FL (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 09:30:49 EST

> There is no official policy on this list, primarily because we can't force
> users to do it one way or another without also losing them. And like vi
> versus emacs debates, there appears to be endless friction on the issue of
> top and bottom replying.
>
> If you like, we can rehash the whole thing here, but I implore you (and
> others) to bottom-reply and interleave your replies where necessary.

You cant always get a row boat team to put their oars in the water in the same direction at the same time (unless you lace their oars together with rope and rod).

Imagine a script that filters out any line containing a previously posted ~12 character string, where the line does not begin with a quotation mark. Each line of reply would require the injection of a single quotation mark, oar the line/s would be scripted out.

Less draft and smoother sailing ;) for top and bottom posters.