Re: [SLUG] Multipage tiff files

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 15:32:14 EST

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Chuck Hast wrote:

> Folks
> The company I work for puts machine diagrams on TIFF files these files
> have multiple pages, I have tried to look at them on my Linux laptop, but
> those that show the files only show the first page, I see that when others
> look at them using MS office document viewer they can see all of the
> pages, but when I try to look at them with different viewers some show
> the first page and others nothing. OO loads the file but I can not see
> anything, not even the first page. .
>
> Any ideas??

might tiff2pdf work?

from /usr/share/doc/libtiff4/html/man/tiff2pdf.1.html :

,--
| The program converts one TIFF file to one PDF file, including multiple
| page TIFF files, tiled TIFF files, black and white. grayscale, and color
| TIFF files that contain data of TIFF photometric interpretations of
| bilevel, grayscale, RGB, YCbCr, CMYK separation, and ICC L*a*b* as
| supported by libtiff and PDF.
'--

For some reason I don't have the binary, only the docs.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave. -Sir William Drummond ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.