Re: [SLUG] slowdown

From: Matthew Rogers (matt@runithard.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 09:29:15 EST

Wow that was a sloppy response.... /me slaps self

Try bringing down your network device eth0 or one of your other
devices. If it all of a sudden speeds up.... that's not a good sign.
command: ifdown eth0

Even better, go to single user mode
command: init 1
and if it runs well, then you know it a service or daemon running at a
higher level that's killing you.