Re: [SLUG] Magic Jack on Linux?

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 10:29:38 EST

On Monday 18 February 2008 09:49, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> > I am looking for plug and play, tried the other stuff and couldn't get it
> > to work.
>
> Hmm? Download Skype. Plug in a USB headset. Play. Works for me in
> Linux/Mac/Windows.

Hi Robin!

I have a difficulty installing *anything* on linux. I can download it, but
when I try to install it will always break something and I have to have a
tech fix the machine i.e. rebuild the linux install. Sometimes after that the
thing I was trying to set up works, sometimes not.

I used to do anything in winders, but I switched to linux because uninvited
guests could do anything on my machine as well. Now they can't, but I can't
either. No doubt you remember all those hassles getting the Toshiba to print
to LPT 1 under linux at the Sarasota meetings. This sort of thing.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.