Re: [SLUG] FiOS and Linux

From: Rich Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 01:27:42 EST

Chuck Hast wrote:
> I was thinking of going to FiOS but if they charge $99 for a static then I will
> stay with my RR static at $69... What do I get over what I have now that
> makes it worth $30/mo more?? I have the basic SoHo package and have
> had it now for I guess about 5 years or more.

Well, everyone's situation is different, but I'll be saving money. I'm
currently paying a little over $100/month for RR "Business" class with
static IP, blah blah blah. In addition to that, my land line Verizon
POTS is about $50/month. I currently do not have cable tv.

However, with the basic FiOS service, I'll be getting the same speed
internet connection as my "business" cable line AND phone AND tv
included *at the same price*. So I'll be saving about $50/month and
getting TV for free, if you want to look at it that way.

Makes sense to me, YMMV.

--
v/r,
Rich Morgan