Re: [SLUG] Tampa Meeting

From: Robin - Bartow FL (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 08:50:03 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul M Foster paulf@quillandmouse.com
To: slug@nks.net
Sent: 2/29/08 10:31 AM
Subject: [SLUG] Tampa Meeting

> Okay folks, if you're going to have a Tampa meeting next week, you might
> seriously want to consider who's going to lead it, and where and when
> it's going to be. As usual, meeting reminders are set to go over the
> weekend, and the meeting is scheduled for next week. Earlier this month,
> there was private correspondence about moving the venue for the meeting,
> but I have yet to hear anything. Time is getting tight.
>
> Paul
> --
> Paul M. Foster

Of the different group meetings that I have attended over the years,
this is what I have noticed to work fairly well.

1. A restaurant with a separate meeting area.
2. Chairs and tables that can be moved into a U shape.
   Size of group effects the size of U shape for
   better seeing, hearing, and waitress access.
3. Saturday mornings at 9:00am was a good turn-out time.
4. Sharing of recent discoveries.
5. As always, Q&A.

Denny's in my town has a meeting room and free WiFi.
I'm oblivious to Tampa venues and private correspondence.

/robin