Re: [SLUG] IRC

From: Logan (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 19:01:16 EST

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 05:23:40PM -0500, Eben King wrote:
> What do you recommend for an IRC client? I've used BitchX, but I'd like
> something more user-friendly, as I'm an IRC novice. Being a text app is
> OK, as long as it runs in xterm or rxvt (IIRC, BitchX didn't). Something
> that can run a script or play a sound when someone says my name is a big
> plus.

In #sslug or irc.shadowworld.net, we use a mixture, lots of xchat
folk, a few irssi folk and a few weechat-curses folk. I quit using
BitchX because it doesn't support UTF-8. Leeta uses her own perl
script on top of telnet, because she is a Perl Goddess. YMMV.

Logan

--
War is God's way of teaching Americans about geography. -- Ambrose Bierce
Registered Linux User: 277727