Re: [SLUG] Looking for a way (that works) to back up entire system

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 14:19:07 EST

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Robin - Bartow FL wrote:

> Sent: 3/3/08 11:52 AM
> Subject: [SLUG] Looking for a way (that works) to back up entire system
>

> "and of course the next step is recovery, but that comes later"
>
> I use matching hard drives and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GParted
> (http://gparted.sourceforge.net/)
>
> 1. Power down
> 2. Swap removable drive hda (plugged in) with removable hdc (loose).
> 3. Power up

I keep both drives plugged in -- main as hda, backup as hdb. Yes it's
suboptimal, but the cables won't reach otherwise. hdb stays spun down 23
hours a day. I should write "main" and "backup" on them, as the only way to
tell them apart now is from the jumper settings.

--
The mnky gibbering and screeching used to keep me up at night, although
in the lst week or so it's prtty mch tailed off to nthng. The smell has