Re: [SLUG] how to make vim DTRT

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 12:11:40 EST

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Eben King wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Paul M Foster wrote:
>
>> BTW, Eben, your system clock is *waaay* off. Note the date above: 17
>> March. I couldn't figure out why your thread was sorting at the bottom
>> of my mailreader. That was why.
>
> Yeah, I ran "fetchnews" manually and got a message from the newsserver to
> that effect. Should be ok now:
>
> eben@pc:~$ date
> Sat Mar 15 12:47:58 EDT 2008

What I meant to say (but had to rush away and wanted to get that sent while
the time was reasonably current) was that the distro runs "ntpdate" at boot
to set the system clock. But, at every boot until I manually intervene,
/etc/resolv.conf is horked up (dnsmasq does that) so nothing using DNS
works. I use dnsmasq so tor is a lot faster. Does anyone know how to
configure it in the right way? Obviously what I'm doing bypasses it.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.mine.nu:81
CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person... but