Re: [SLUG] firefox windows

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2008 - 19:44:57 EST

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Dylan William Hardison wrote:

> Spake ronan on Sunday, March 30, 2008 at 02:11PM -0400:
>> Perhaps you have two different versions of FireFox installed? Apt might
>> have installed v2.0 in /opt
> Debian-style packages do not use /opt, last time I read the policy manual.

Great, thanks, that's the magic word. I had (erroneously) assumed the
bigger one was later. What I did:

As root:
cd /opt
mv firefox firefox.old

As me:
/usr/bin/firefox.ubuntu
(which I'll rename to "firefox")

and it came up. I'll have to bring up 1.5 again to transcribe all open
windows' URLs into something, because 2.0 came up with just the start page.

Crap, running 2.0 deleted them. Oh well, that's what backups are for.

root@pc:~# mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/temp -o ro
root@pc:~# cp -r /mnt/temp/eben/.mozilla/firefox ~eben/.mozilla/
root@pc:~# umount /dev/hdb1

Muhahaha...

Wow, 31 windows (11 of which came up offscreen) with a total of 118 tabs. I
think I might have a problem.

Also, when I bring up FF (either version) or "Deluge-torrent", I get

(Gecko:32087): gnome-vfs-modules-WARNING **: Could not initialize inotify

(well, not exactly that for Deluge). What do I need to install to make it
happy? And will doing so benefit me in any way besides making the message
go away?

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81
A: Because it looks dumb and is hard to read.