[SLUG] WTF web stats

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 15:20:13 EDT

Here's a puzzler. I host a local political site whose bandwidth soared
this month and had to be continually readjusted. In looking at webalizer
(statistics), I noticed the following anomaly:

Date: 16 April 2008
92267 KBytes
10001 Files
10002 Hits

All this from *one* visitor in Italy (bear in mind this is a *local*
political site). Almost one third of the hits to this site occurred from
this one visitor on this one day, one visit. Awstats pretty much
confirmed these observations (though they're harder to track through
awstats).

So my question is, how do you rack up 10002 hits to a site in one visit?
(Well, I have other questions, as you can imagine. But they'd mostly be
answered if I could answer the above question).

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster