Re: [SLUG] CD-playing pseudo-stereo

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 16:47:15 EDT

Eben King wrote:

> Any ideas on an interface that doesn't look like something that crawled
> out of a computer lab? Maybe trawl hackaday.com for ideas?

My wife's uncle has one of these. Stores his music on a Unix box
upstairs and can playback stored or even streaming audio through this in
his downstairs entertainment center. It also has a web portal so you
can set up playlists and such.

http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review/36/turtle-beach-audiotron-review

He says it works great but I don't think you can buy them new anymore.
Ebay or something maybe.

Found this article about other home theater streaming controllers.
Didn't reat too far into it.

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=5177239

Mike Branda