Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: J & k Baudoin (jodybaudoin@verizon.net)
Date: Sat May 31 2008 - 07:47:18 EDT

Howdy -

Background:
I had a bad experience with with a certain wireless adapter on a laptop.
Linux says to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it to work -
something about the manufacturer not releasing specs or something. I
got it working, then an upgrade seems to have taken it out :-(

Current problem:
I am thinking of putting wireless on a desktop - Can someone recommend
inexpensive solutions that work "automatically" with Linux?

Are the USB solution worthwhile? Or, should I go with the PCI card
solution?

And another thing - Can these wireless devices exist hear each other? I
have a laptop that is wireless that will be nearby (do they interfeer
with each other?)

Thanks everyone - God bless.

Jody - TAMPA