Re: [SLUG] ethernet couplers

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2008 - 19:26:22 EDT

rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> ---- Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
>> From Wayne Pollock:

CSMA/CD is just for half-duplex communication, which is basically dead.
I haven't seen a hub in a really long time. If I did find one in my
environment it would be ripped out immediately :)

Full Duplex Ethernet, collisions are impossible since tx and rx are on
different wires, and each segment is connected directly to a switch.
Therefore, CSMA/CD is not used on Full Duplex Ethernet networks.