Re: [SLUG] EEEPC

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2008 - 21:57:48 EDT

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Mario Lombardo <mario@alienscience.com> wrote:
> Best Buy and Circuit City make far too much money from broken M$ machines
> that come back for service, a la virus/spyware elimination nonsense, etc.
> When you look at the grand balance sheet of keeping up an M$ machine, it
> just makes financial sense for these retail monsters to keep churning the
> same manure they've always pimped out.

That is the truth, though I do walk into these places every so often and stick
LiveCD in the demo machines, BB has shown their irritation to it, but at CC
I have got a interesting following of floor people that find it
interesting and in
the one in Brandon, I have several of them that pop a LiveCD in the new pro-
ducts when they arrive for grins to see how well the run Linux... So there are
people in those places that are willing to step out of the box, but only at CC
have I seen it.

> Besides, most people are a hybrid genetic strain of mushrooms and sheep.
> Choice means nothing to them, even if it kills.

Yea, they do not care that what they are running is not much better than a
dry cow chip, which is really what a laptop running windows is to me, only
difference is when you toss it in a cow chip war, the laptop may do damage
to someone....

I have to deal with a corporate laptop running winders and it is really getting
tiring, I did get permission from my boss to put a new HD in the machine
with Linux, and I get to expense the HD. I am going to get one big enough
to dualboot and put the present HD image on a partition, and I am going to
put a linux partition on it and get back to my real world. I had forgot how bad
windows really was until I had to deal with this thing...

--
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;