Re: [SLUG] Vinyl LP Albums to Audio CDs in Linux

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 08:53:26 EDT

Daniel Jarboe wrote:
> Haven't needed to burn audio CDs for awhile, but a good start will be to
> use audacity to record the initial audio (and manipulate if required),
> shntool to further prepare the files if you want to burn DAO (disk at
> once) for control of gaps between tracks, etc, and then k3b for final
> burn. If you're less picky about the flow of tracks on the audio disk
> you can leave out shntool and just burn TAO (default). There's a number
> of tools that do the job, but this is the cocktail that treated me well
> and k3b makes things pretty easy and has support for things like cdtext
> for players that know anything about it.

Hi Daniel!

So, I run an audio lead from the turntable into the (which) input on my
sound card? They are color keyed but I don't have a manual so I don't
know what color is what. The turntable outputs RCA and the sound card is
smaller, but I guess the solution to that is at Radio Shack?

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.