Re: [SLUG] Vinyl LP Albums to Audio CDs in Linux

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 21:12:31 EDT

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Daniel Jarboe wrote:
>> a good start will be to use audacity
>
> Ok, installed audacity!
>
>> to record the initial audio (and manipulate if required), shntool
>
> Ok, installed shntool, but I can't find it!

Does your OS use .debs? Got Synaptic? Right click on the package ->
properties, "installed files" tab.

If not:
   If it's in $PATH "type shntool"
   if it's not:
     If slocate has run since you installed shntool (it normally runs every
       night) "locate shntool"
     If not: "find / /usr -xdev -name shntool". List all disk filesystems
       where I guessed "/ /usr".

--
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
  twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals