Re: [SLUG] Thunderbird will not display .jpg

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 21:57:43 EDT

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Pete Theisen wrote:

> I use t-bird 2.0.0.6 on this MEPIS 7 machine because k-mail wouldn't work. I
> can see a .jpg attachment on a message but nothing will readily display it.
> Click on it and you get a dialog box offering to open it with some default or
> something else "other" but none of them work.
>
> Can't view attached .mpg or listen to .wav either, don't know about .mpg
> because no one ever sends me one. What the???

Mail one to yourself.

> I have both M player and Km player on the machine but they don't show up in
> the t-bird dialog and if I open them independently they can't find the
> attachments. Drag and drop won't work either.

Maybe your MIME type list (or its permissions) is messed up? Look for a
file "mime.types" somewhere in /etc or maybe ~/.mime.types . Mine looks
like this:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20423 Jun 15 2006 /etc/mime.types

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.mine.nu:81
ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb