Re: [SLUG] video downloaders (YouTube, etc.)

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 06:41:17 EDT

Mario Lombardo wrote:
> What are people using for video downloaders (not just works with
> YouTube) with Firefox?

> many of either these or others have spyware or are mining data, etc. OK
> please help. What are you using?

Hi Mario!

I have Firefox/2.0.0.11 under MEPIS 7. YouTube just works as do a number
of site-embedded videos. I do notice that after viewing these I have a
gradual slowdown of the machine which is remedied by ending the session
for the user. I suppose it is either memory leakage or some spy/ad/virus
trying to run but not being able to in the Linux environment.

The videos that download as files I like to run in KMplayer, which seems
to have no issues. Sometimes I find something that wants Real Player,
not very often.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.