(FWD) Re: [SLUG] Slug meeting days: general input about Wednesday

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 09:35:34 EDT

Here's clarification from Wayne Pollock, our sponsor at HCC (Bill, note
the part about a "thank you" to the dean).

----- Forwarded message from Wayne Pollock <pollock@acm.org> -----

From: Wayne Pollock <pollock@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:59:45 -0400
To: paulf@quillandmouse.com
Subject: [BOGO?]Re: [SLUG] Slug meeting days: general input about Wednesday

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:39:46 -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:21:39AM -0400, Bill D wrote:
>
>> > the meeting days are at the mercy of what classrooms are free at hcc.
>> > but if need be, i can see what other days are available. what would
>> > you (and anyone else reading this) preffer?
>> >

> I think part of the reason for Wednesday meetings at HCC was that Wayne
> has his computer courses on Wednesday, and they wanted those students to
> be able to come to our meetings. Something like that. Wayne would know
> better.
>
> Paul
> - --
> Paul M. Foster

I've been on leave for the past year. I'm back now. The Fall
Intro to Unix/Linux class is indeed Mondays and Wednesdays,
from 5:30 to 6:45. So having the meetings on Wednesdays works
well for my students. But HCC enrollment is high (43,000 students
per year) so as Bill said, it is at the mercy of which day a
room can be made available. And the Fall schedule won't be
known until the end of August. (That is, some classes will be
canceled leaving a room vacant, and that won't be known until
the first week of the Fall term.)

I would like to point out that the room is made available through
the kind efforts of our Dean, Beth Johnson. It would not be wrong
for SLUG to send a thank you every term: bjohnson@hccfl.edu

Please repost this message on the list for me. As a digest
subscriber I don't have posting privileges. Thanks!

-Wayne

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Paul M. Foster