Re: [SLUG] audio conversion

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 11:14:18 EDT

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Dylan William Hardison wrote:

> Spake Eben King on Monday, August 04, 2008 at 09:42AM -0400:
>> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
>>
>>> Spake Eben King on Sunday, August 03, 2008 at 10:56AM -0400:
>>>
>>> aptitude install debian-archive-keyring debian-keyring debian-multimedia-keyring
>>>
>>> The last package is only needed if you're using the multimedia
>>> repository.
>>
>> Great, thanks. I only installed the first two for now; I'll wait and see
>> if I need the third.

>> It seems the third is already installed, yet it complains on the
>> dependencies for "audacity". Ideas? Maybe debian-multimedia-keyring
>> needs to be refreshed?
>
> That is possible. Try re-installing/upgrading it.

OK, aptitude wouldn't install in, not because it's already installed, but
because it's not offered. I am offered ([X]="is installed"):

[ ] debian-archive-keyring
[X] debian-keyring
[X] gnome-keyring
[ ] gnome-keyring-manager
[X] libgnome-keyring0
[ ] libgnome-keyring-cli
[ ] libgnome-keyring-dev
[X] ubuntu-keyring

All say "NOT AUTHENTICATED" for some stuff, but libgnome-keyring-cli has a
lot of dependencies and libgnome-keyring-dev has a few. The rest have none,
or I already have them.

Am I maybe missing an entry in sources.list?

--
The powers in charge keep us in a continuous stampede of patriotic
fervor with the cry of national emergency. Always there has been some