Re: [SLUG] laser printers

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 16:37:35 EDT

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Eben King wrote:
>> What model of laser printer do you folks recommend? It'll be hooked up to
>> a print server (USB greatly preferred, as the print server has only USB
>> ports open), and neither duplexing nor color is required. It'll be used by
>> Linux, Vista and W2k, and occasionally by XP and OSX.
>
> H{ used to be good, but my most recent one is a Laserjet 6L so what do I
> know?

Yeah, I've always liked the HP printers I've used, but (1) it's been years
[the last one I used seriously was a 4ML]; and (2) I've never tried with
Linux or Vista or OSX or an external print server or USB.

--
I firmly believed we should not march into Baghdad ...To occupy Iraq
would instantly shatter our coalition, turning the whole Arab world