Re: [SLUG] laser printers

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter33@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2008 - 18:44:50 EDT

I have bought all 3 in the last year.(I think) Yes, in the past it has been
very difficult getting anything to work with Linux, but it is much, much
better now. Here is a list of what I have. I have an HL-5250DN for home
use. I have a DCP-7025 for scanning and copying, and I have an HL-4040DN
for "business" color printing. The one thing I like about Brother is that
the cartrages are cheaper than the HP and they seem to last longer for me.
The scanner was a little pain but I did get it to work. If you go to
www.linuxprinting.org, you can see a list of what does and doesn't work.
Also, I run Ubuntu and there support on there forums are great. You can
also get support from brother's web site, but you should not need that.

William
PS. Sorry for the late post, but I have some family from out of this country
visiting this week.