Re: [SLUG] Looking for a 16 bit card bus PCMCIA wireless card

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 23:21:18 EDT

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Mark Banschbach, SFO wrote:

> --- On Tue, 8/12/08, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Mark Banschbach, SFO wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a 16 bit wireless card for an NEC
>> Mobilepro 780.
>>>
>>> Anyone happen to have a spare one of these antiques in
>> the drawer at home ?
>>
>> How do I tell if a PCMCIA card is 16 or 32 bit?

> Possibly check the manufactures website... or some of the news groups out
> there.. Orinoco, Agere, Linksys, and Netgear all made some variety of
> them.. or you could just list the make and model of your card and we might
> be able to assist !

OK. Anybody know what kind of card this is:

"Intellinet PCMCIA card for wireless networking"
model GL242201-0T # yes it says zero tee
FCC ID O7J-GL242201 # yes it says oh seven

I gather it's a 16-bit slot and you're working off the assumption that a
32-bit card won't work correctly in 16-bit mode?

--
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
  twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals