Re: [SLUG] Google Chrome (web browser)

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 12:19:09 EDT

On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Eben King wrote:
> Dunno if it's out for Linux, but I'll warn off any potential users if I
> have the chance.

It's amazing what people will accept without a thought. I remember the days of
AOL which had/has the same wording in regards to email.

Though the truth is probably closer to people not having a clue what they
agreed to in the license.

I can see the license being there to safeguarding them against loss of data,
but I would think it's a bit too encompassing for being just that, not being
a contract attorney and all.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.