[SLUG] text processing

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 13:20:48 EDT

I just added a hierarchy to my mp3 directory; IOW, I created subdirectories
"a"-"z" and "0-9" and moved each band/artist's directory to the subdirectory
corresponding to the first letter of its name. So
~/home/mp3/Smith,_John/John's_Album/01_John's_First_Track.mp3 went to
~/home/mp3/s/Smith,_John/John's_Album/01_John's_First_Track.mp3 . Well and
good. Really trimmed down the mp3 directory, and should especially help
over SMB. Now, any idea how I go about fixing the m3u files (playlists)
without recreating them? Their structure is:

1 #EXTM3U
2 #EXTINF:177,Aphex Twin _Come To Daddy_ 2 "Flim" (1997)
3 /home/eben/mp3/Aphex_Twin/Come_To_Daddy/2.Flim.mp3
4 #EXTINF:230,Aphex Twin _Come To Daddy_ 3 "Come To Daddy, Little Lord Faulteroy Mix" (1997)
5 /home/eben/mp3/Aphex_Twin/Come_To_Daddy/3.Come_To_Daddy,_Little_Lord_Faulteroy_Mix.mp3
6 #EXTINF:345,Aphex Twin _Come To Daddy_ 4 "Bucephalus Bouncing Ball" (1997)
7 /home/eben/mp3/Aphex_Twin/Come_To_Daddy/4.Bucephalus_Bouncing_Ball.mp3
8 #EXTINF:310,Aphex Twin _Come To Daddy_ 5 "To Cure A Weakling Child, Contour Regard" (1997)
9 /home/eben/mp3/Aphex_Twin/Come_To_Daddy/5.To_Cure_A_Weakling_Child,_Contour_Regard.mp3

(The line numbers are from vim, not part of the file. And those aren't
really in $HOME, ~/mp3 is a soft link.) Adding a _capital_ subdirectory is
easy enough:

(assuming that doesn't do something disallowed in vim)

But how do I make the subdirectory lower-case? Or is it easier to make a
capital soft link to each subdirectory, do that, then delete the link?

--
A well-lovd and corrctly traind domstc cnine is gnrlly slobbry, excitbl,
noisy, scatologically obsessed, xenophobic, pathetically unjudgmental,