Re: [SLUG] Intel Mac with Linux

From: Matthew Rogers (matt@runithard.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 10:00:38 EST

Type 2 hypervisor runs on top of an own. A type 1 hypervisor is a
software hardware designed for running virtual machines like lpars on
an IBM mf.

Parrels is a type 2. I find a live cd a better representation of the
is. Vms are at the mercy of the host os and it's resource issues....
"Linux is slow" well running photoshop and 20 other apps will limit
resources for the guest os.

If you pay the long dollar for a mac running bsd unix I would expect
Linux would be a hard sell.

Linux isn't easy and the comparable wintel hardware is half the
price. They are really paying a premium for macosx.

I for one would love to know the outcome of your Linux conversion! :-)

Cheers,

Matthew Rogers
207-242-8146