Re: [SLUG] fios

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 08:52:14 EST

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Aaron Steimle wrote:

> I have question about fios. Do they run fiber to and in your house?

In my installation (which I have no reason to think is non-standard) they
ran fiber to a UPSed box in the laundry room against the outside wall. _I
think_ it is the source (I wasn't involved in the requisitioning) of both a
standard phone jack by some path and a coax cable that runs back outside and
into a router in another room, which separates the TV and data parts and
distributes them appropriately. The router's not UPSed; that's the
customer's responsibility.

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     http://royalty.mine.nu:81
Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your electronic