Re: [SLUG] Cross-Compiling Kernel Modules

From: J & k Baudoin (jodybaudoin@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2008 - 09:06:42 EST

Hi Daniel,

Are you trying to run embedded Linux?

My embedded work tends to be without the aid of any off the shelf OS,
but rather foreground/background processing, also known as the super
loop in some circles.

If I had a slack period of work I might be tinkering with embedded Linux.

But I have been busy and never did any hands on with embedded Linux.

I have attended seminars (Monta Vista or Freescale ??), and have become
nothing but confused about the legality of burying Linux in a product
with respect to copyright infringement & the source code disclosure
aspects of the licenses.

Regards,
Jody