Re: [SLUG] new (to me) MIME type

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 10:07:41 EST

Spake Eben King on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 09:57PM -0500:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, draeath wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:41 pm, Eben King wrote:
>>> My friend, a fairly clueless one, sent me a file attached as MIME
>>> type "Video/X-MS-WM". "file" says it's a "Microsoft ASF", and
>>> mplayer plays it just fine. Where do I put that files of type
>>> Video/X-MS-WM are handled by mplayer? The mapping between that type
>>> and the extension "wm" is already in /etc/mime.types.
>
>> Which file manager are you using? (alternatively, what desktop
>> environment: kde3, kde4, gnome, xfce, other)
>
> xfce, but this was launched directly from Pine (running in
> gnome-terminal). Most other things it handles correctly.

~/.mailcap.

man mailcap, and for reference, here is mine:

text/html; w3m -v -F -T text/html %s; nametemplate=%s.html; needsterminal; copiousoutput
image/jpeg; display %s
image/png; display %s
video/*; mplayer %s
text/*; vim %s; needsterminal; nametemplate=%s
application/x-zip-compressed; vim %s; needsterminal

--
"Rise up this morning, smile with the rising sun.
Three little birds, sits by my doorstep. Singing sweet