Re: [SLUG] distro longevity

From: Paul Bransford (draeath@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 05:29:35 EST

> Is there at least a way of .deb-izing some program's source

Yes. Unfortunatly you have some reading to do, because it's the same
system the Debian/Ubuntu packagers use.

http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#policy
http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#devref
http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide
http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#menu
http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#i18n

You might not (probably won't) need all those, but I've linked them just
so you have them easily available.