Re: [SLUG] Verizon tech admits service rolling disconnects

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 15:55:12 EST

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Pete Theisen wrote:
>
>> Neither FIOS nor Brighthouse are available here. I have Verizon dsl, the
>> place is wired for Comcast but I have never subscribed.
>
> Hi Everybody!
>
> OK, the new modem is here by 10 AM this morning, almost waiting for me as I
> return from work. It is different than what I have been using: Actiontec
> GT704- WG. F/W:3.20.3.3.5.0.9.2.10
>
> Anyone ever used this unit? There are few instructions. Why do I think it is
> going to want me to have Winders on the machine from the get-go for a set-up
> program?
>
> I am going to want to at minimum turn off the wireless. Would unscrewing the
> antenna do that?

On the MI424WR you can turn it off using software so I bet there's a way
there too, but you can take off the antenna too to make it look neater (or
smaller if space is tight).

Point a web browser at the router. It needs Javascript. The MI424WR's
credentials were by default "admin" and "password" (also try "password1").
Or maybe that's just what Verizon set up.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81

A neutrino enters a bar. The bartender asks "Can I get you anything?" The neutrino replies "Nope, just passing through." -- rdu_voyager on Fark ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.