Re: [SLUG] putty and mutt

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2008 - 12:53:39 EST

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, blee2@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> I use putty to access my home system where I use mutt for email.

> I've got an issue where a message that's been replied to get's a line
> drawing character in the subject indicating a reply to the thread, except
> that character causes some sort of issue with the screen draw and jumbles
> up the bottom half of my screen. ctrl-l redraws fine.
>
> Has anyone experienced this and do you now of a fix?

> I tried a couple different settings in putty, but nothing ever worked. I
> may mess with it some more, but this is day 2 of my new job and I don't
> want to look like I'm slacking THAT much.

(fix your line wrap please)

Check out PuTTY's "Terminal" and "Window > Behaviour" I guess. What is
$TERM once you've connected? What is PuTTY emulating?

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81

Q: Why do black holes never learn? A: Because they're too dense. -- ZurkisPhreek on Fark ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.