Re: [SLUG] iPod compatibility

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 17:22:34 EST

On Thursday 15 January 2009, Eben King wrote:

> For things like that, whose screens can be expected to be touched rather
> often, I use clear vinyl, something like 3 mil. It sticks of its own
> accord, no wetting or adhesive required. And it's cheap -- pennies per
> application, if that much. Eventually stretches / ripples under stylus
> use. Is this stuff significantly better?

I think it's great, lifetime warranty, inexpensive. Though not that easy to
get on right along the edges, you have to take your time to get it right.

There are no stretches or anything like that as it hardens once you've taken
it through the process. Of course like was pointed out it uses a capacitive
sensor to detect your finger so I've not used any stylus.

But I would readily put it on any scratch sensitive surface. Again, it was
made to protect rotor blades on choppers from the damage they sustain from
stones being whipped into the blades. This is a pretty tough material.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.