Re: [SLUG] Election Site hosting

From: Dennis Devine, San Antonio (ddevine@sanantoniofla.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 16:13:06 EST

No, that is incorrect. There is a simple solution to that.

http://www.pair.com/support/knowledge_base/e-mail/smtp_service_at_pair_networks.html

For obvious reasons they do not let people send SMTP mail that is
not of a domain hosted on their servers. I have used them for
over 10 years with a variety of domain names, listserves and
SMTP configurations.

There are some things that they do that would call for me not using
them exclusively, but certainly not for the domain name issue or
the SMTP issue. I've had my 1and1 account hacked and have had
other problems with 1and1 and others, but PAIR (using BSD)
hasnt' let me down a single bit. (literally)

When I opened an account with them back around 1995, they gave
me a full shell account, telnet access, etc.

dd