Re: [SLUG] Verizon routers: save/restore configuration files fail with Linux

From: Donald E Haselwood (dhaselwood@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 12:08:45 EST

On Friday 23 January 2009 07:44:41 am steve szmidt wrote:
> On Thursday 22 January 2009, Donald E Haselwood wrote:
> > I wsa surprised toI find that my with my Verizon router
> > (ActionTec MI424-WR) the configuration save/restore
> > only works with Internet Explorer.
>
> You can run IE under Linux with Wine. I use it to test
> browser compatibility. Runs just fine.

Yes, I run IE under Crossover which is is based on wine.

The intriguing issue with the Verizon router configuration
save/restore is what does IE do that Konqueror, and Opera
does not do? Could it be that the router checks the
browser and puts something in the saved file that says it
was stored with IE?

BTW it works with Safari on my wife's mac.

Donald E Haselwood