Re: [SLUG] Filling in PDF forms

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 19:06:30 EST

Richard Smoot wrote:
> Mepis was rather Ubuntu derived for a while but have gone back to being
> directly Debian derived recently.
> In the past I have done fill in PDF's with SUSE Pro 9.3 and probably Acrobat.
> That combo would not work for the new fillable fileable form.
> I directly e-filed my income tax thru freefilefillableforms.com using Open
> SUSE 11.1. My old 9.3 couldn't even open up the site properly. I do not have
> Acrobat installed in 11.1. I think the new fillable fillable forms are using a
> lot Flash since Adobe bought Macromedia. Ocular is the nicest PDF viewer I
> have seen yet. The new Open Office also opens PDF's and I think it will let
> you modify or edit them too.

Hi Richard!

I tried opening it a couple of times with different character sets and
it is gibberish. Anyone know what character set PDF is?

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.