Re: [SLUG] Accessing NAS

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 18:26:41 EST

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:59:14PM -0500, Ken Elliott wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Now that you have all these replies, it is time to ask "what are you trying
> to accomplish."
>
> What I'm after is: why won't a simple PC running Linux do what you want?

Oh, I'm just curious. I've got a fileserver that I use for backups,
hosting internal websites and web development, and one other thing. It
serves up "shares" via NFS and Samba. I'm covered.

But I keep seeing these NAS things in the catalogs, and some claim to
be, essentially, OS agnostic. And I wondered how they do that.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster