[SLUG] (FWD) OpenStreetMap event in Tampa, Feb. 28 and Mar. 1

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 03:00:18 EST

Folks:

Thought this might be of interest to some of you...

----- Forwarded message from Matt Toups <matthew@cloudmade.com> -----

From: Matt Toups <matthew@cloudmade.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:57:12 -0600
To: info@suncoastlug.org
Cc: paulf@quillandmouse.com, skkonn@gmail.com, asteimle@washpat.com
Subject: [BOGO?]OpenStreetMap event in Tampa, Feb. 28 and Mar. 1

Hi Sun Coast LUG folks,

My name is Matt Toups and I'm a Regional Community Ambassador for
OpenStreetMap.org. Are you familiar with our project? OpenStreetMap
(OSM) works under a creative commons license and is a community built
map of your community, and the whole world.

I'm helping to organize a mapping party in Tampa on the weekend of
February 28/March 1, and I'd love to get the word out to folks in
SLUG. I think our project will be of interest to folks in the Linux
and Open Source community. Here's some info on our plans for the
weekend:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tampa_Mapping_Party_-_February_2009

It should be a lot of fun, and a great way for both tech and non-tech
folks to work on a great opensource project together. (I've been both
a personal and professional linux devotee for many years and I've been
really excited to get involved with OSM recently)

I'd also like to be in touch about giving a talk to your group at some
point in the future, is there a regular meeting that someone from OSM
could attend?

Thanks for your time, and I hope I can meet some of you or other
members of your group during our mapping party weekend!

Matt

--
Matthew Toups, OpenStreetMap.org Regional Community Ambassador
matthew@cloudmade.com  ||  504-684-4676 (504-684-4OSM)  ||  Skype:

----- End forwarded message -----

Paul -- Paul M. Foster ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.