Re: [SLUG] youtube download script

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Apr 01 2009 - 15:02:30 EST

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Ron Youvan wrote:

>> Woohoo! Got Youtube to work!
>
> What problem does this cure?

Not having Flash and wanting to see the video. Wanting to preserve the
video for later viewing. Wanting to change the speed/aspect ratio/color
balance of the video. With suitable modification to the script you can get
the direct download URL too.

> I save anything that I see on youtube by copying /tmp/Flashvc3oZ9
> to the root of the drive changing the name and adding .flv to it.

Fair enough, only the first reason then.

> (be sure the pink bar is all the way to the right first.)
> I never met any that I couldn't save. They look the same watching
> them with Xine as in the browser.

Try mplayer.

> (using Slackware 12.0/1 and seamonkey)
> My M$ friends had to download a special program go get them.
> (and another special viewer program to view them)

<nelson>Ha ha!</nelson>

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.mine.nu:81
AQUARIUS:  There's travel in your future when your tongue freezes to the