Re: [SLUG] Fun machines

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 20:11:58 EDT

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Mark Banschbach, SFO
<mrbear37@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Cheuck,
>
> 2 things..
>
> 1( I believe you should be able to edit the grub config file to point to the list of distros ..
>
> Second.. my wife wants ta know.. which hard drive you got for your Lenovo as she has one.. and how much RAM you have in your netbook ?

Mark,
What is happening is each time I put a distro on the disk the stinking thing
writes over my old grub files. I recall that they used to look and see what was
on the disk and either re-do the whole thing and add the new OS to the list,
or over write the old grub with a new one adding the new OS really ended up
with the same thing.

As to the HD, it got it some time back as a external HD, it is a 500 G WD,
as to the RAM, it had 1G, when I got it the guy at compusa, recommended
that I go ahead and upgrade to 2G, it was only I think $22 more, so I got the
memory and upgraded it, was a great move.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;