Re: [SLUG] Fwd: Corrupted Mouse Driver

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 07 2009 - 19:05:30 EDT

Michael Fisher wrote:

> Thanks for your response Pete. It looks like I am pretty much hosed on
> this one. I upgraded to 8.04 because it was slated as the next upgrade
> progression. I believe 8.04 is a LTS. I looked at Xorg and even tried a
> recent version with no luck.
>
> I will look elsewhere or probably just do a clean install. Also, just to
> be clear again, I was not impatient about a response. I was asking
> because my post didn't come back to me. However, since it appears I've
> over stayed my welcome with some of the residents here I will move on.

Hi Michael!

No, you don't have to move on, as I said, nobody's listening right now
anyway, and we on SLUG are easy to get along with.

When you do the clean install, put your data in a seperate directory
like ~/hone/data/ or something. That way you can just copy it off and
reinstall, just like winders.

Should be able to fix it, but they try to make it work automagically so
it is hard to figure out. So, just do a clean install. Be daring and go
for 8.10, I had good luck with 8.10. Still have my spare box on 8.10.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.