Re: [SLUG] Corrupted Mouse Driver

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 08:46:53 EDT

> I recently went through an upgrade from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 on my
> ThinkPad T61which went smoothly (or so I thought). After a couple of
> days I wanted to try out a XubunTOS LiveCD (without any installation)
> and when I rebooted back to Ubuntu 8.04 I lost all usage on both my
> USB Mouse and TrackPoint.

How do you like your T61? Thinkwiki is a great resource for Thinkpad owners
looking to get every feature working just right. This might be helpful:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_8.04_(Hardy_Heron)_on_a_ThinkPad_T61#TrackPoint

That said, Ubuntu support for the Thinkpads has gotten much better since
8.04. I did a 9.04 install on an X61s and was very impressed. Absolutely
everything worked out of the box with the exception of trackpoint scrolling
which was a simple matter of adding the HAL FDI policy, and Hard Drive
Active Protection System that uses the internal accelerometer (required
alternate kernel module and hdapsd).

Good luck,
~ Daniel