Re: [SLUG] Is there a software license MORE copy-left than GNU APL?

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 20:59:05 EDT

Scott Grizzard wrote:

> The gnu-apl requires that any network users of a piece of software be
> allowed to see the source code of the software they use.
>
> Here's my problem: one of the core values of my new company is that
> patients should be able to see the source code of the software they're
> doctors use, so /all/ are assured of its quality. There is also a
> feature in the software that allows patients to access their medical
> records.
>
> My concern is that, for the GNU-APL version, larger "corporate" doctors'
> offices might just disable the feature and keep their modifications "in
> house", violating the spirit of the license and the values of the
> company.

Hi Scott,

Just use the GPL as your starting point, get a lawyer to write the other
points you want in addition - as "left" as you like, Use that as your eula.

Bear in mind that someone may still violate your eula, and the only
thing you can do is sue.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.