Re: [SLUG] Hosting The Great Satan

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 14:00:44 EDT

Daniel Jarboe wrote:
> > Adapter 1: PCnet-FAST III (internal network, 'Inside')
>
> There it is
>
> > The "Settings Option on the menu is grayed out, don't know
> > how to access it. I don't know what the settings are because
> > I can't access that part of the menu
>
> The virtual needs to be "Powered off" to change its hardware
> configuration at this level. Shut it down and the options will be
> enabled/changeable.
>
> > I want this Virtual Box Windows setup to be able to interact
> > with an Apache server that is running in the Linux environment
> > on the same machine.
>
> If that's all you need then VB's NAT network configuration will do the
> job just fine.
>
> Good luck,
> ~ Daniel

Hi Daniel!

OK, powered off. Now the settings are visible. However, it says the
Network is enabled. Oh, change to NAT. Trying that.

OK, now I can ping the local host. Now, see if I can find that port on
Apache. Just ping it? That doesn't work. Do I have to cd to the
"outside" machine somehow? I don't know how to do that.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.