Re: [SLUG] Firefox security upgrade breaks it.

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 14 2009 - 13:02:37 EDT

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Pete Theisen wrote:

> Paul Bransford wrote:

>>> Complete removal and reinstallation does NOT correct the problem.
>>> Something about no XBL binding for browser
>>
>> Try removing (better, just moving) your ~/.mozilla folder somewhere else.
>

> That is an idea. However, I wonder if that would mess with t-bird's mind?
> Don't know, would it?
>
> If t-bird fails, then I have no browser and no email. That would be a bad
> thing.

If you move or rename ~/.mozilla instead of deleting it, you can always put
it back if that doesn't work out and you'll be back where you are now, which
obviously works for sending email. Just make sure you don't:

1. mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla.old
2. try stuff, which turns out not to work
3. mv ~/.mozilla.old ~/.mozilla

because you might end up with

~/.mozilla/.mozilla.old

if step 2 makes ~/.mozilla anew.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81

Q: What did one photon say to the other photon? A: I'm sick and tired of your interference. -- thebigmike1983 on Fark ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.