Re: [SLUG] Antivirus and Email Encryption - both Linux and... that other OS

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 14 2009 - 23:41:42 EDT

Scott Grizzard wrote:

> Hello Sluggers,
>
> I am being forced to use "that other OS" in a project, and I had a
> question about email malware protection.

Hi Scott,

If your project for the client does not directly involve email, just set
up firewall, anti malware and turn off all "Windows Services" that your
client is not using. Then set up a Linux box or notebook for your own
email at that site and call it a day.

Strongly recommend the client also set up a Linux box for all Internet
use, and clearly disclaim any liability if your advice in this regard is
not adhered to.

If your "other OS" project could work disconnected from the outside
Internet so much the better.

Micro$oft and Internet just do not mix. Never trust them together.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.